Mor Furniture For Less - MOR Furniture - TOXIC Fabric - Fibers
Sells Defective Merchandise.
Sells Merchandise that may be Hazardous to Human Health.
Fails to Communicate to Customers after Reporting Problems.
Fails to Remedy even Serious Issues with Merchandise.
I purchased a love seat/recliner at the MOR Furniture store in Bakersfield California and recently contacted the company regarding the disintegration of the threads in the fabric after zero use.
The fabric that separates the Corduroy like-raised pile is disintegrating into almost airborne size particles which could be hazardous if inhaled. The larger particles are sharp enough to puncture the skin.
I sent an email to MOR and contacted the San Diego office by phone on 3/9 and spoke to a Representative named "Oscar" who asked me to send photos and said he would follow-up upon receiving them.
No follow up from Oscar or anyone else by phone or email. I sent another email to Oscar on 3/14 with no response. I called MOR in San Diego on 3/18 and spoke to a person by the name of "Hyman" who claimed to be a supervisor. He looked over the pictures and emails sent to Oscar and decided he would call the General Manager at the Bakersfield store and see what they wanted to do rather than making a decision at the corporate level. I received a call back from Hyman stating that because the furniture was sold "AS-IS," MOR is declining to credit, exchange, or refund regardless of the serious nature of the problem.
So, my advice, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from this company. They will eventually be driven out of business like customers finally did to Levitz Furniture after years of consumer abuse.
I plan to send the photos and the story to the proper Local, State and Federal agencies e.g. Consumer Protection, etc. for them to follow up. I think the local Bakersfield News service might like some samples of the particles.
Hope this posting helps others.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "These guys are rip off artist. I bought couch,love seat n 2 tables 9 days ago. Sat on the couch this morning n it pretty much collapsed. I had to..."
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "Sells POOR Quality Defective Merchandise. Sells POOR Quality Merchandise that may be Hazardous to Human Health. Fails to Communicate to Customers after Reporting Problems POORLY. Fails to Fairly Remedy even Serious Issues with..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- "I purchased what was described as a Dooney & Bourke handbag. What I received was a very cheep knockoff and the seller would not refund my money. A..."
- "I purchased this item: Taylor Made Golf- Tour Preferred Wedge. I received the item and immediately noticed the degree of bounce was 11°, but the pictures in the listing show..."
- "I was so disappointed this week when I ordered a "Simply Delicious Fruit and Gourmet" basket as a gift. What the recipient received was an old wooden drawer (not..."