Mor Furniture For Less - MOR Furniture - TOXIC Fabric - Fibers
Sells Defective Merchandise.
Sells Merchandise that may be Hazardous to Human Health.
Fails to Communicate to Customers after Reporting Problems.
Fails to Remedy even Serious Issues with Merchandise.
I purchased a love seat/recliner at the MOR Furniture store in Bakersfield California and recently contacted the company regarding the disintegration of the threads in the fabric after zero use.
The fabric that separates the Corduroy like-raised pile is disintegrating into almost airborne size particles which could be hazardous if inhaled. The larger particles are sharp enough to puncture the skin.
I sent an email to MOR and contacted the San Diego office by phone on 3/9 and spoke to a Representative named "Oscar" who asked me to send photos and said he would follow-up upon receiving them.
No follow up from Oscar or anyone else by phone or email. I sent another email to Oscar on 3/14 with no response. I called MOR in San Diego on 3/18 and spoke to a person by the name of "Hyman" who claimed to be a supervisor. He looked over the pictures and emails sent to Oscar and decided he would call the General Manager at the Bakersfield store and see what they wanted to do rather than making a decision at the corporate level. I received a call back from Hyman stating that because the furniture was sold "AS-IS," MOR is declining to credit, exchange, or refund regardless of the serious nature of the problem.
So, my advice, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from this company. They will eventually be driven out of business like customers finally did to Levitz Furniture after years of consumer abuse.
I plan to send the photos and the story to the proper Local, State and Federal agencies e.g. Consumer Protection, etc. for them to follow up. I think the local Bakersfield News service might like some samples of the particles.
Hope this posting helps others.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "I bought 6 SKU#24200619 when i received the delivery i immediately reported they had lose stitching. I was told to call cs so i did they then scheduled a technician..."
- "We recently bought a floor model Liberty Sectional from Furniture Row after watching it for several months. It finally went on sale and we went to the store only to..."
- "This solar company called me to install solar panels on my house about 9 months ago. Although, the person I was dealing with was nice person, can't say much positive..."
- "Best story - Late afternoon Sunday my wife and I were walking our dogs. One of the pool employees comes running up and says they just got a complaint that..."
- "I placed an order online for next-day delivery. I spent $68 on the "upgraded" arrangement. The flowers wer NOT delivered - ever. I tried to reach customer service via email..."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."
- "Purchased a Southern Motion reclining sofa in Feb 2013 and accepted delivery in March of 2013. It's 3 years and 8 months later and the covering is flaking off along..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."