Sells Defective Merchandise.
Sells Merchandise that may be Hazardous to Human Health.
Fails to Communicate to Customers after Reporting Problems.
Fails to Remedy even Serious Issues with Merchandise.
I purchased a love seat/recliner at the MOR Furniture store in Bakersfield California and recently contacted the company regarding the disintegration of the threads in the fabric after zero use.
The fabric that separates the Corduroy like-raised pile is disintegrating into almost airborne size particles which could be hazardous if inhaled. The larger particles are sharp enough to puncture the skin.
I sent an email to MOR and contacted the San Diego office by phone on 3/9 and spoke to a Representative named "Oscar" who asked me to send photos and said he would follow-up upon receiving them.
No follow up from Oscar or anyone else by phone or email. I sent another email to Oscar on 3/14 with no response. I called MOR in San Diego on 3/18 and spoke to a person by the name of "Hyman" who claimed to be a supervisor. He looked over the pictures and emails sent to Oscar and decided he would call the General Manager at the Bakersfield store and see what they wanted to do rather than making a decision at the corporate level. I received a call back from Hyman stating that because the furniture was sold "AS-IS," MOR is declining to credit, exchange, or refund regardless of the serious nature of the problem.
So, my advice, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from this company. They will eventually be driven out of business like customers finally did to Levitz Furniture after years of consumer abuse.
I plan to send the photos and the story to the proper Local, State and Federal agencies e.g. Consumer Protection, etc. for them to follow up. I think the local Bakersfield News service might like some samples of the particles.
Hope this posting helps others.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "Our experience in the showroom was excellent. We were able to find a very nice bedroom set for a good price. We were scheduled for delivery and they only showed..."
- "I bought a red leather couch. It was on sale at $1500. Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for..."
- "I was so disappointed this week when I ordered a "Simply Delicious Fruit and Gourmet" basket as a gift. What the recipient received was an old wooden drawer (not..."
- "They moved a bunch of criminals into our neighborhood and they won't do anything about all the noise they make out here. it's constant. It's loud music, dirty filthy stuff,..."
- "Absolute worst company, owner sub contract everything to the lowest bidder and it shows, and sub par unlicensed contractors is what I got not mention it took 5 months to..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "In short I have had a pair of lucky jeans for over ten years still my favorite. Baught 3 new pairs 3 months ago and they fell apart. old tag..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."