On August 3rd my wife and I purchased a $ 3,900.00 bedroom suite at Mor Furniture (Superstitution Springs, Mesa, AZ). We were told delivery would be in three days. Several days later we received a call informing us that it would be another week because the furniture was being shipped to Phoenix from their San Diego warehouse.

After one week we began to receive a flurry of calls. The delivery date was always being pushed back another week. Today (9/10/2010) we received another call (must be at least the 6th or 7th call) informing us that our bedroom suite would not arrive until September 26th.....if it is delivered on 9/26 then it will have been delivered eight weeks AFTER we were told that it would be delivered.

Here is the issues causing all the delays in delivery:

1) Senior management at Mor is practicing a new form of logistics - its known as "manufacturer-to-customer direct." What does this mean? It is important that customers understand this management technique which is designed to save Mor Furniture money.

You see, when you purchase furniture from Mor and you are told that it will be 3 days or 7 days ( a short period of time)from the date of your purchase to delivery - that seems reasonable and you agree to move forward with your furniture purchase.

However, you are being lied to by Mor Furniture and their salesmen because most often the furniture you are ordering IS NOT in a warehouse - it is not in inventory - in many cases it hasn't even been made by the original manufacturer.

It costs incredible sums of money for Mor to purchase thousands of pieces of furniture from hundreds of manufacturers - and keep that furniture in warehouses hoping that someone - somewhere - purchases that piece of furniture.

So, rather than inventorying thousands of pieces of furniture - they reduce costs by keeping very little inventory - and when a customer walks into a store and is told " we can ship it to you in 3 days or 7 days" its a bold faced lie - Mor management has trained the employees to lie to you at the point of purchase - very few people "cancel" their order when told they will have their furniure in 3 days.

So, Mor takes your money, takes your order, you walk out of the store happy believing that you will have your furniture in but a few short days - and then the telephone calls from Mor Customer Service begins - it will be one more week - two more weeks - ten days.

You see, the manufacturer of your furniture in all liklihood has yet to make your furniture. The manufacturer is also practicing cost controls within their company - and will generally NOT PRODUCE any furniture until they receive an order for the piece.

So, the reall problem with Mor is that they knowingly, willingly, and purposely deceive you when they tell you that they will have your furniture to you in a few short days - they do this to get your money - to placate you into believing that you will receive your furniture in a most reasonable time - after all what is 3 days?

Once they have your money - good luck!

Review about: Mor Furniture For Less Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Mor Furniture For Less?

Comments

you are such an amazing expert. this must be exactly what a huge company does -.-

I JUST PURCHASED MY FURNITURE FROM MOR BUT AS OF YET ONLY PART OF ORDER WAS DELIEVED, EVERY TIME I WOULD CONFIRM MY DELIVERY A WINDOW CHANGE WOULD HAPPEN. I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I CANCEL AND KEEP MY PARCIAL ORDER?